Worklink Employment Society is a visible and dynamic member of the Westshore, Sooke and surrounding areas that:
- Promotes an awareness of the current world of work and the need for life-long career development
- Provides a supportive environment where members of the community can explore new choices and create positive solutions to their employment needs
- Recognizes the value of the unique contributions of employees
- Encourages the belief that everyone has the potential to achieve self-sufficiency
- Serves with honesty, respect and integrity
WorkLink has been providing government sponsored employment services to the residents of the Western Communities since 1978. In 2008, our services expanded to include the communities of Sooke and surrounding areas including Jordon River and Port Renfrew. We are also pleased to provide aboriginal outreach services to the First Nations Communities of Beecher Bay, T’Souke and Pacheedaht.
Our non-profit organization is funded through both federal and provincial government initiatives. WorkLink is a registered charity in the Province of BC. We are governed by a volunteer Board of Directors chosen from leaders in the community.
In April 2012, WorkLink was selected to become one of the 73 WorkBC Employment Service Centres in BC. We currently offer employment services from either our Westshore storefront or our Sooke satellite office. In addition, we provide extended services to the community of Port Renfrew. Our two others locations, at Tennyson Avenue (Tennyson WorkLink) and on Goldstream Avenue (The Pathway Project) offer group employment programs.