You can now nominate greater Sooke region businesses for voting consideration in this year’s Business Excellence Awards.
This year, as with everything else in 2020, the Sooke Region Chamber of Commerce has shifted the way we do things, and the awards process (nominations and voting) and presentation (December 15, on Zoom) have moved online. Instead of a juried selection process, the Sooke Chamber has partnered with the Sooke News Mirror to offer an online two-step selection process.
- Step 1: NOMINATE Oct 20 – Nov 3 (Now OPEN)
- Nominate your business (and your other favourite and deserving greater Sooke businesses) for consideration.
- NOTE that a nomination is NOT a vote, you will have to come back again to vote for the nominated businesses once the voting opens.
- Step 2: VOTE Nov 5 – Nov 23
- Vote in at least four categories.
- All who vote will be entered into a draw to win a $200 gift card.
Who you can nominate: All legitimate businesses in the greater Sooke region (between East Sooke and Port Renfrew) can be nominated. They do not need to be Chamber members, it is open to all.
Categories: Businesses can be nominated in any of the following categories:
- Professional Services (eg Real Estate, Accounting)
- Retail and Services
- Manufacturing and Industry
- Dining and Hospitality
- Trades and Skilled Labour
- Home-Based Business
- Not-for-Profit and Volunteer
- Pandemic Pivot Award
- New Business of the Year
- Business of the Year
Your amazing community. Your important vote!
The Business Excellence Awards will be hosting on Zoom on December 15, 2020. More information to follow as we near the date.
Sponsorships still available
We are still seeking five trophy sponsors. If you are interested in sponsoring a trophy (and having your business logo memorialized in 2020), click here for details.