SOURCE Canadian Chamber of Commerce
The Canadian Chamber of Commerce has established the Canadian Business Resilience Network (CBRN) in partnership with the Government of Canada to help the business community prepare, persevere and, ultimately, prosper in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic.
“COVID-19 has provided us with an unprecedented challenge, but Canadians are resilient,” said Jackie King, Chief Operating Officer, Canadian Chamber of Commerce. “The Canadian Business Resilience Network is about business and government stepping up together to make sure every Canadian business has the information it needs and a fighting chance to make it through.”
The CBRN is a coordinated, business-led, inclusive campaign that will focus on providing businesses the tools they need to mitigate the impact of the pandemic on them, our economy and communities across the country. Its goal is also to help businesses emerge from this crisis and drive Canada’s economic recovery.
The CBRN will:
- Give tools and supports to businesses in their continuity efforts – from development to implementation.
- Provide a consistent and reliable flow of accurate and up-to-date information.
- Work closely with federal government and within the business community to ensure the right supports are in place, and to be a conduit for information from the government to the private sector (and vice versa).
- Aim to instill confidence in Canadian business and the economy.
The campaign will feature:
- A standalone website (cbrn.ca) that serves as a central hub for credible information, the latest news and insights, tools and resources and as a platform for engaging businesses.
- Information sharing and awareness building initiatives, including newsletters and webinars.
- Analysis and reporting on business, industry and economic trends across the country to see what is working and where gaps might exist.
The Canadian Business Resilience Network brings together the Canadian Chamber’s vast network of over 450 local chambers of commerce and boards of trade, along with over 100 of Canada’s leading business and industry associations, including the Business Council of Canada, the Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business, the Canadian Federation of Independent Business, and Canadian Manufacturers and Exporters. It will also have the support of partners such as Canada Life, Export Development Canada, Grant Thornton LLP and Advertek.
About the Canadian Chamber of Commerce – Because Business Matters
The Canadian Chamber of Commerce helps build the businesses that support our families, our communities and our country. We do this by influencing government policy, by providing essential business services and by connecting businesses to information they can use, to opportunities for growth and to a network of local chambers, businesses, decision-makers and peers from across the country, in every sector of the economy and at all levels of government, as well as internationally. We are unapologetic in our support for business and the vital role it plays in building and sustaining our great nation.
The Sooke Region Chamber of Commerce is a member of the BC Chamber of Commerce and the Canadian Chamber of Commerce.