Butler Brothers Supplies Ltd. is an aggregate and ready-mix company whose primary purpose is to provide a high quality of life by maximizing long-term profits.
We will be number one in our selected market area in product quality and customer service.
We will ensure that our employees, who are the major asset of the Company, are both challenged and satisfied.
We will act responsibly with respect to the environment and the community well-being.
We will do this while maintaining a commitment to ethical business behaviour.
Department of Mines gave us top marks for our reclamation project which was the first phase of the Keating X Road gravel pit, now known as Butler Crescent.
We have also won the Department of Mines Accident Free Safety Award.
Butler Brothers Supplies Ltd. has a longstanding tradition of providing a wide range of building materials to lower Vancouver Island. The company first began in the 1930s, engaging in logging and the sale of gravel and expanding into the manufacture and sale of ready-mixed concrete in the 1950s.
Today, the company serves its customers with ready-mixed concrete and aggregate products all over ther Capital Region and Vancouver Island. There are three gravel pit locations in Central Saanich, Sooke and Duncan, providing everything from fill material to specialized sand and rock products.
The company has ready-mixed concrete batch plants in Central Saanich, Sooke and Victoria and, with one of the largest fleets of ready-mix trucks on the island, can supply ready-mix to any size of job site.
Butler Brothers Supplies Ltd., a recognized leader in the industry, continues to grow and meet the changing needs of its customers.
The Butler Brothers Family
A part of the rich heritage of the Saanich Peninsula and continuing to play a key role in the development of Vancouver Island Communities.
Although Butler Brothers Supplies Ltd. was incorporated in 1954, the Butler family has been a part of the History of the Saanich Peninsula since Captain George Stephen Butler began farming there in 1868.
The 'Butler Brothers' of the company name were Claude, Wally, Tom and Eric, all grandchildren of the Captain. Claude Butler, who was president of the company for quite a few years, passed away in 1986. Wally, the second brother, passed away in 1992. The company is now under the leadership of the Captain's great-grandson, Brian Butler.
The brothers were doing business of the island before the Second World War, when they were engaged in logging and the sale of gravel. In the late 1940s they built a small store to handle the sale of a limited selection of building materials. Following this, in the early 1950s, they became involved in the manufacture and sale of ready-mix concrete.
Today, Butler Brothers Supplies Ltd. has three gravel pits in operation - Keating Cross Road, Sooke and Duncan - and sells ready-mix concrete from Keating Cross Road, Bay Street in Victoria and Sooke.
Butler Brothers Supplies Ltd. continues to grow to meet the needs of Island consumers and to carry on the tradition of quality, integrity and service to Vancouver Island communities.