Sooke Family Resource Society has been serving the greater Sooke community since 1984, and the Westshore and surrounding areas since 2004.
We provide services to community members through the following programs:
- Prenatal education and outreach
- Family support
- Parent-child drop in groups
- Child Care Resource and Referral
- Licensed preschool
- Outreach for teens and young adults with mental health, addiction or other challenges
- Low cost counselling for individuals, couples, families and children
- Outreach and community inclusion for adults with developmental disorders
- Home Share program for persons with developmental disorders
- Parenting supports for families with children in the care of the Ministry of Children and Family Development
- Free Clothing Exchange
- Free toy and book lending library
For 40 years the museum has provided services to locals and visitors alike. Temporary and permanent exhibits, heritage buildings, community events such as our annual Salmon BBQ & Open House, Moss Cottage Christmas, and Sooke Summer Night Market. The museum also has an extensive gift shop and is the official provincially designated Visitor Centre for the Sooke to Port Renfrew area.