Based in Victoria, BC, Canada, our technical qualifications represent the best in the industy for road bulding tunnel drilling, underwater blasting, earthquake anchor holes, subdivsions and quarries.
We have a team of over 25 qualified drilling and blasting professionals.
With safety our main priority we are all certified with WCB and Mines Branch Blasting Tickets, Transportation of Dangerous Goods and Level One First-Aid. We have regular safety meets and hearing checks.
Reliability, high safety standards, quality work and competitive pricing has established our reputation.
Our techical qualifications represent the best in the industy for road building, subdivisions, underwater blasting, earthquake anchor holes, pole holes and quarries.
Our team operation has developed a reputation to be the leaders in precision blasting in residential areas as well as controlled blasting on the logging grade. We have the ability to blast 30,000 cubic metres of rock in one large shot.
We can drill as small as 1 1/4" diametre holes for small jobs where vibration is a concern, and up to 5" diametre holes for large open blasts in quarries.
Other services include:
- anchors, grouting
- pre-shear blasting
- controlled wall blasting
- directional drilling
- shote crete
- pre-blast surveys of neighbouring structures
- seismic monitoring of blasts
- safely scaling of rock faces
To make our operations run smoothly we have in-house equipment moves, 5500 lb. rubber tire blast mats, 2-way radio communication in all vehicles and remote blasting machines.
We maintain the newest technology and highest quality of rock drilling and blasting equipment available in the industry, enabling quick and efficient rock drilling.
Our inventory of equipment consists of over 11 drills from the premium quality Tamrock line. All are equipped with state-of-the-art dust collectors. We have all the equipment necessary to drill holes from 1 1/4" to 6" in diametre.
Regular Maintenance, reliable parts and up to date technology ensure our equipment runs at peak performance at all times.
TURNKEY SOLUTIONS FOR YOUR COMPLEX PROJECTS
We offer expertise in project management, hazmat surveys, site planning, civil engineering, land development, environmental engineering, and physical hydrogeology. By combining these services, our clients benefit from thorough project consistency, from start to finish. This multi-level approach also increases efficiency, coordination, cooperation, and technical insight for multi-disciplinary projects.
Understanding our clients’ goals means completing projects on schedule and on budget. All projects offer high caliber and experienced in-field problem solving and decision making.
Islander Engineering has developed a reputation for efficiency, especially when projects face significant challenges. As a result, our first project with a client is rarely the last. These valued relationships are a testament to our commitment to delivering value to clients under the following project areas:
- Planning - 3D visualization, site layouts and building renderings
- Environmental - Investigation to remediation, and hazmat surveys
- Hydrogeology - Water wells and infiltration systems
- Hydrology - Flood control and channel rehabilitation
- Land Development - Concepts to substantial completion
- Low Impact Development - Sustainable solutions for all stakeholders
- Municipal - Infrastructure modelling to master plans
- Rainwater Management - Every drop counts
- Transportation - Walking, cycling, and driving
Who we are:
- We live in the community
- Volunteer Firefighter with Sooke Fire Rescue
- Local Chamber Member
- Better Business Bureau Member
- Worksafe BC Certified
- 15 years experience
- Trusted name in the community
- We've repaired, cleaned, replaced and installed new continuous gutter systems and gutter guards for Remodeling Contractors, Realtors, Insurance Firms, Home Cleaning Contractors, Landscapers, Disaster Service, Home Developers and Commercial Builders