Sooke Family Resource Society has been serving the greater Sooke community since 1984, and the Westshore and surrounding areas since 2004.
We provide services to community members through the following programs:
- Prenatal education and outreach
- Family support
- Parent-child drop in groups
- Child Care Resource and Referral
- Licensed preschool
- Outreach for teens and young adults with mental health, addiction or other challenges
- Low cost counselling for individuals, couples, families and children
- Outreach and community inclusion for adults with developmental disorders
- Home Share program for persons with developmental disorders
- Parenting supports for families with children in the care of the Ministry of Children and Family Development
- Free Clothing Exchange
- Free toy and book lending library
Each individual coming to therapy is unique, attempts to do the best possible with the resources available, has wisdom, creativity and strength. Everyone has the right to self-determination. I think that doing counselling means providing a safe place for you to tell your story, in whatever way that looks for you.
I practice from a client-centered perspective using a combination of various forms of therapy: strength-based, motivational, response-based, solution-focused, narrative, eco-therapy, mindfulness, cognitive behavioral therapy, eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR), Gottman marriage counselling, post-traumatic stress injury (PTSI), psychoanalysis, systemic, trauma-informed and feminist…
… we will work together to find solutions and approaches that feel right for you.