Governance refers to the oversight of an organization. Best practices in governance means that a board ensures their optimal performance through the implementation of effective systems.
In three 1½-hour webinars, Deb provides an overview of best practices in board governance. These sessions serve as both an orientation to good governance as well as a refresher for those who have previously received governance training.
The Webinar Modules, on Thursday afternoons, May 5, 12 and 19
The following key areas will be explored with your board of directors:
Module 1: The Rules, May 5 | 1:00-2:30pm
What is the board’s role in good governance? What are bylaws, policies, terms of reference and what do you do with them?
Module 2: The Strategy, May 12 | 1:00-2:30pm
How do you handle your board’s year effectively and efficiently within volunteers’ limited time? We discover the board’s annual work plan, meeting agendas and strategic plan.
Module 3: The Players, May 19 | 1:00-2:45pm
How do you find the right people for your board? We talk about the recruitment and development of all your directors, having effective committees and the senior staff person’s annual performance review.
- Chamber member rate: $35 per person, per module OR take all 3 for $90
- Non-members: $50 per person per module, OR take all 3 for $130
Book your ticket via Eventbrite:
- All three modules , May 5, 12, and 19 (CA$130.00 plus CA$8.93 Eventbrite Fee)
If you can only attend one or two, it will be less expensive to book the sessions individually:
- Module 1, May 5 only (CA$50 plus CA$4.03 Eventbrite Fee)
- Module 2, May 12 only (CA$50 plus CA$4.03 Eventbrite Fee)
- Module 3, May 19 only (CA$50 plus CA$4.03 Eventbrite Fee)
Or, save on Eventbrite charges and contact the Chamber directly:
Please Contact us to reserve an available date and to get more information.