The B.C. government will provide more than $50 million to help the 14,000 restaurants, bars, breweries, wineries, gyms and fitness centres affected by the March 30, 2021, provincial health orders.
The new Circuit Breaker Business Relief Grant will provide affected businesses with up to $10,000 in one-time funding to help with expenses like rent, insurance, employee wages, maintenance and utilities. The grant can also help cover unexpected costs that resulted from the restrictions, such as the purchase of perishable goods.
Businesses impacted by the March 30, 2021, provincial health orders will be eligible to receive between $1,000 and $10,000 in grant funding.
- The majority of eligible businesses will receive a grant of $5,000.
To be eligible, a business is required to:
- confirm it has been affected by the recent provincial health orders;
- provide electronic banking information;
- confirm that it is registered as a B.C. business;
- produce a business validation document, such as a business licence, liquor licence, notice of assessment or lease agreement; and
- confirm majority ownership and operations and payment of taxes in B.C.
- Applications are expected to open the week of April 12, 2021, and will close on June 4, 2021, or until the funds are dispersed.
- To register to receive an email notification when applications open, businesses can visit: www.gov.bc.ca/business-relief
- Businesses that have received, or are in the application process for the Small and Medium Sized Business Recovery Grant, will be contacted about applying for the Circuit Breaker Business Relief Grant.
The Circuit Breaker Business Relief Grant is open to eligible businesses of any size that have been in operation since Feb. 1, 2021. To ensure affected businesses can access the funds quickly, the Circuit Breaker Business Relief Grant has a streamlined application.
Applications for the Circuit Breaker Business Relief Grant are expected to open the week of April 12, 2021.
Read the full release here: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021JERI0027-000667