The Sooke Region Chamber will be hosting its Annual General Meeting on January 19, 2021. At that time, we will be swearing in the new 2021 Board of Directors.
- Continuing as President will be Karen Mason
- Continuing as First Vice President will be Mike Menard
- Continuing Directors are:
- Bev Petow
- Tim Ayres
- Terrie Moore
- Les Haddad
Per our bylaws (9.1
)The Board shall be composed of the six Executive and up to a maximum of nine Directors for a total compliment of fifteen Board members
This means we have openings for Board members in the following roles:
- Executive: Secretary
- Executive: Treasurer
- Executive: Second Vice President
- Six Directors (6, in addition to the above executive roles)
Per our bylaws (10.1.(d)
), if the Chamber receive fewer than the number of openings available, the nominations committee reserves the right to acclaim the seats. The nominating committee also retains absolute discretion to approve nominees for acclimation or election as it deems best.
To nominate yourself or someone for the Board of Directors:
- If you are nominating someone else, the nominee must agree to the nomination
- The nominee must be a chamber member in good standing (dues fully paid)
- Nominations must be received by Saturday, December 19th, 2020, at which time it will be determined if an election needs to be held in early January
- Email your nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org and include
- The word NOMINATION in the Subject line
- The role (Treasurer, Secretary, 2nd VP, or Director)
- The first and last name of the person being nominated
- Email address of the person being nominated
Directors are involved in the strategic development of the chamber, including creating policy and adhering to our bylaws. At a minimum, it involves attending a monthly board meeting. Directors also often get involved in any number of projects including the annual Business Excellence Awards, publications, economic development, mixers, and more. All directors and executive positions are volunteer.
The current nomination committee consists of the current executive board members (President Karen Mason and Vice President Mike Menard, and two chamber members – names to be announced).