From left to right, top to bottom: Terrie Moore, Les Haddad, Bev Petow, Brian White, Debora Schenk, Tracy Snow, Mike Menard, Karen Mason and Tim Ayres. Zoom image.
Sooke, BC, January 20, 2021
The Sooke Region Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce its 2021 Board of Directors. New directors were sworn in at the January 19, 2021 Annual General Meeting. The Board consists of the following:
- Karen Mason, Chamber President (Mason Financial)
- Mike Menard, Vice President (Menard Plumbing and Heating)
- Tim Ayres, Chamber Director (Royal LePage Coast Capital Realty)
- Les Haddad, Chamber Director (Sooke Delivery Guy)
- Terrie Moore, Chamber Director (Sooke Fine Arts Society)
- Bev Petow, Chamber Director (Sooke News Mirror, Petow Design)
- Deb Schenk, Chamber Director (In Shore Fishing Charters)
- Tracy Snow, Chamber Director (Sooke Optometrist)
- Brian White, Chamber Director (Royal Roads University)
“That almost all our board members from 2020 returning is testimony to their commitment to see the pandemic through to a successful conclusion” said Karen Mason, the new President of the Chamber. “We are also happy to add two new directors to our Board, Tracy Snow and Debora Schenk. We have our work cut out for us this year, which we will embrace together with our partners that include the District of Sooke.”
While 2020 was fraught with challenges, the Sooke Region Chamber achieved significant results. The Chamber launched a number of pandemic-related initiatives, established new partnerships with key community groups, and co-hosted an election forum in response to a snap election. Pandemic initiatives included an electronic shopping mall, a guerrilla “art-bombers” poster campaign encouraging the wearing of masks, and a laptop exchange program for students. The Chamber also contributed to local employment by employing three youth through the federal employment initiative.
With a vaccine making its way through Canada and B.C., the Sooke Chamber looks forward to a year that starts with challenges but promises a shift to better days.
Board meetings are open to Sooke Chamber members and the general public, and the dates are posted on the website, https://sookeregionchamber.com/events/. An annual report for 2020 is now available on our website.
Karen Mason, President, email firstname.lastname@example.org, 250-642-6112
Britt Santowski, Executive Director, email email@example.com , 250-642-6112