Directors from left to right: Jeremy Andersen, Steven Eckert (back row), Deb Schenk, Mike Menard (back row), Kim Barber, Marleen Kiral, Tracy Snow (back row), Les Haddad, and Karen Mason. Performing the swearing-in: Sooke Mayor Maja Tait (far right). Photo by Nancy Vieira.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sooke, BC, January 27, 20223
The Sooke Region Chamber of Commerce has a revitalized Board of Directors with six directors returning and four new ones joining the team. They were sworn in by Maja Tait, the Sooke Mayor, at the Annual General Meeting held on January 26, 2023.
The 2023 Board consists of the following:
- Mike Menard, President (Menard Plumbing and Heating)
- Deb Schenk, Vice President
- Tracy Snow, Secretary/Treasurer (Sooke Optometrist)
- Tim Ayres, Chamber Director (Royal LePage Coast Capital Realty)
- Jeremy Andersen, Chamber Director (Van Isle Notary) new
- Kim Barber, Chamber Director (Kim Barber Real Estate) new
- Steven Eckert, Chamber Director (Vancouver Island Bucket List) new
- Les Haddad, Chamber Director (Sooke Delivery Guy)
- Marleen Kiral, Chamber Director (Almostronaut Creative) new
- Karen Mason, Past President (Mason Financial)
Two directors have resigned. The Board and Staff thank and deeply appreciate the years of service received from Bev Petow and Brian White. Their contributions before and during the Pandemic were invaluable. While each will continue volunteering with the Sooke Chamber, both have resigned from their Director roles.
Board meetings are open to Sooke Chamber members and the general public, and the dates are posted on the website, sookeregionchamber.com/meeting-minutes/. The 2022 Annual Report is available on the website.